On the Sunflower Families website we may collect personal information about people who visit our website. This policy details how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. This policy is effective from May 2020.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
What data do we collect?
We may collect the following information when you use our website:
- Name and contact details
- Personal information submitted on application forms, contact forms, referral forms
- Marketing preferences based on your form submissions
- Pages that you visit on our website
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- keep you up to date with news about events on which you have registered;
- process a referral or a job application that you submit
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us then you can choose not to opt in when completing any form on this website.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by unsubscribing on an email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use analytical cookies to identify which pages are being used and help us to monitor our web performance. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, if you do not opt in to receive our newsletter you will not be included on any email lists
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email newsletters or bulletins you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking on the unsubscribe link on any of these emails.
Accessing or changing your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.